Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pass or Fail?

Goodness, It's been forever since I checked in! With my illness and near death experience (ok, ok, it wasn't THAT bad, though I did feel like a train had run over me, backed up, and hit me again a couple of weeks ago) and then starting a new job, the first week of school beginning, and just general every day happenings, my life has been a circus. I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow had a group of clowns entered my house and began a juggling routine. It was seriously THAT crazy.

But, I have persisted in my push ups challenge each day, no matter how exhausted I have been. Unfortunately, because of scheduling with my new job and the boy's school schedules, I was not able to get to the gym. That, coupled with the fact that I haven't been blogging daily on my fitness and eating, does that mean I have failed the challenge?

This is something that has been persistently bothering me. And I have been thinking about it much today. And I have finally decided that no, I have not failed the challenge. Because, despite it all, I am still pursuing some sort of fitness each and every day (even if it is only my push ups and a few sit ups) and I am no longer sitting on my butt every day, all day bemoaning my weight and doing nothing about it. I also decided I have to make allowances for myself and life. Nothing is ever going to go smoothly consistently. Life happens, things take precedence (in this case, of the past couple of weeks, my health and sleep were at the forefront) and I will have to continually make adjustments to my schedule to ensure that I do get at least some sort of physical activity every day, whether I can blog about it or not. It's not the blog that is going to make me lose weight, it's the exercise.

Agree? Tell me what you think? Have I failed this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment