Sunday, August 7, 2011

Challenges

Starting tomorrow, Lori (click her name and go check out her blog!) and I are going to be working together on our weight loss goals with several challenges to keep us going and we are relying on YOU to help keep us motivated.

First, our goal is and always will be, to lose weight by exercising and eating right. To keep ourselves going, we have come up with several challenges between the two of us. In these challenges, there will be no winners or losers, only consequences and rewards. We have each chosen a consequence to keep us motivated, as well as a reward at the end of the challenge.

Second, we will be posting a picture of ourselves at the beginning of our challenge, and then at the beginning of each month there after. I am a photographer and I hate, hate, hate to be in front of the camera. It is depressing and humiliating for me to see myself in a picture. However, for this, I will do it.

Now, I won't share with you what my consequence is (and Lori may or may not share with you what hers is. Suffice it to say, it is enough to make me NOT want to do it), but the reward I have chosen is a new outfit. I don't buy clothes for myself very often because, frankly, at this size, shopping is just not fun for me. But, a new outfit in a SMALLER size might be just the thing I need to keep me going. So, there is my reward.

Here are the rules of the challenge:

1) We must complete the challenge every day.
2) We must blog about the challenge, what we did to complete it, and whether or not we completed it, every day.

For the first challenge, we have decided to complete the 100 push ups a day program. We have each downloaded an app for our phones that will allow us to complete each day of the program and then, when we have completed it, it should post it to our facebook pages. We will also blog about it.

Lori and I will continue to do a challenge throughout our weight loss journey. As soon as one challenge ends, we will begin another. Of course, coming up with these challenges is tough, so we may be asking for your help in the future.

So, there it is in a nutshell. Lori and I have dared each other to lose weight. In the process of doing so, we will be supporting each other through our blogs and our additional challenges. Who will be the winner? In the end, we both will.

To keep a running tally of the challenges I have set up for myself they are:

1)take my phen every day
2) blog about my weight loss every day
3) complete the 100 push ups program challenge with Lori

The weight can start melting off now.


1 comment: