Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wake Up Call

I know I should post this for a Motivation Monday, but since I am starting today, and I have been updating the blog because of the changes I am making, I just realized I started this blog five months ago.

When I started this blog, I weighed in at 337 pounds. Had I averaged a 10 pound per month weight loss (which is more than acceptable and doable for me, IMHO), I would be fifty pounds lighter right now.

Fifty freaking pounds.

287.

And while that is still a large number to so many of you, it would mean so very much to me to weigh 287. It would mean no longer weighing somewhere in the 300's. It would mean having more jeans to wear than the single pair that fits me right now. It would me FIFTY FREAKING POUNDS LESS.

Instead, five months later, I think I gained fifty pounds. Ok, maybe not quite fifty, but my scale can't weigh me anymore, so I have gained more than I thought i had and am most likely at my highest weight ever. Even if I am not sure, exactly, how much that weight is.

So, here's looking to five months ahead and being fifty pounds less. Because, looking back at the past five months, I sure do wish I could have devoted myself more and lost the fifty pounds instead of being where I am right now. And that, right there, is my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment