Saturday, November 26, 2011

Links

I have been doing some pretty thorough research for my plans on trying different diets starting Monday. I have also discovered some interesting fitness routines. And enduring the confused looks and questions when I explained to my husband what my plans are. And I got to thinking maybe I should explain further my intentions.

There are probably thousands of diets out there that have been made public in one form or another over the years. All of them promise results. All of them promise you will find the gold at the end of the rainbow. I don't want those odd fad diets where you eat nothing but hot dogs and bananas for a week because, let's face it, those diets don't work long term. They are good for a quick loss of a few pounds of water and lean muscle, but the weight always comes back and it brings friends. Trust me, I know. Been there, done that. More times than I care to admit.

Not only do they not work, but they are TOUGH to stick to. By day three of eating nothing but cabbage soup, my family has submitted my exhaust fumes to be formally recognized in nuclear warfare and all I want is a large steak, rare, with a loaded baked potato piled extra high with bacon. A mere hint of sugar in the air sends me into an epileptic type seizure and, upon recovery, I turn into the Tasmanian Devil, devouring any and every thing that resembles food (and a few things that don't) in my path. It's just a fail/fail situation.

And, since I didn't stick to that "guaranteed" diet plan for the specific number of days, I start to harp on myself. "If only I was stronger" "If I only had an ounce of will power" "If I was a better person, I would be thin". It's this type of emotional war that led me to where I am now. 200 pounds overweight, miserable, unhappy, and I have one, yes one, pair of jeans that fit. And let's not talk about the emotional baggage THAT brings.

I want to stop that cycle. I have enough emotional baggage to deal with, I don't need some stupid fad diet that isn't going to melt 200 pounds away over night bringing me more. So I am looking for actual eating plans with real, satisfying food combined to make at least three meals a day. Because, in the end, that's what my life will be about. Eating healthy food at the right times. Not tofu (gag) on half a cracker with a grass extract shake (barf).

Interestingly, there are LOADS of diet plans out there in the great big land of Interwebz. Many seem legit. Some may even produce results. At this point, I am pretty sure giving up my coca cola addiction and getting off the couch is going to produce a little bit of something, and I would like to help it along by developing a good food eating and exercise habit. And, while I am doing that, I want to try out these different eating plans, just to see if there is something that works for me.

Let's face it, I am lazy. I would not be 200 pounds overweight if I wasn't. I don't want something complex and intricate. I want simple. Fast. Easy. I want ingredients I can find at Wal Mart and Sam's Club. I don't want to have to hunt down specific foods in exotic grocery stores in ghetto neighborhoods just to lose weight. I don't want to have to count points or calories. I am dedicated, but not THAT dedicated. At least, not right now.

I want everything spelled out for me. Pre-measured, pre-figured, listed for me in a basic way that anyone can follow. "You will eat so many ounces of this food, which is made with this recipe". That's what I want. That's what the diets I will follow will be all about. Because, obviously, what I have tried so far hasn't worked.

And I know lots of other people are like me. And some day, when I have lost all 200 of these extra pounds, maybe there might be someone else who is like me, looking to get the weight off, but doesn't have the money for special trainers and dietitians, and has a schedule that involves kids and a husband and dogs and a house to run. Someone who doesn't have the time or inclination to search the world over for that rare ingredient that makes or breaks the recipe that the entire eating plan is based on.

So, that's what I am looking for. Easy, not crazy involved, no exotic ingredients. Something maybe my kids and husband would eat with me (but that's not an absolute criteria). And I have found so many!

Here are a few, in case I end up losing the links I have saved, at least I know I have a back up. Because I want to try each of these at least for a week.


And then I found this site that has SO MANY diet menus that I want to try, instead of posting each separately, I will just post the link that lists them all: http://www.thinthin.com/Site-Map/1-free-diet-menus.html


There are more, of course. But, for now, I will start with these.

Oh! And while I was going to keep my fitness at walking and a few sit ups, I found this awesome site and am kind of tempted to try it. http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/11/25/bodyrocker-alexis-and-her-progress/ I'll let you know what I decide.




No comments:

Post a Comment